The electric appliances have made our life easier. We put our hard earning money to buy these appliances be it from a local store or from big retailer store. You buy these appliances with the intent it would last a long time. Your home appliances need some added attention to extending their life span. To extend the life of these major appliances and keep them running beyond warranties, follow below-mentioned tips shared by Zalmen Pollak a leading appliance technician and founder of appliance medic in New York.
We rely on most commonly used home appliances like refrigerator, washing machine, microwave oven, dishwasher, clothes dryer and garbage disposal to quickly complete daily chores. Let’s find out how we can extend their lifespan by following tips.
- To keep cool air inside the fridge refrigerator’s gaskets plays an important role in conserving energy. To keep the elasticity of gaskets to form a better seal, clean them periodically and remove all residue. You can coat them with a thin film of Vaseline.
- Refrigerator compartments need to clean regularly.
- To avoid staining and odors wipe up spills promptly.
- It is good to defrost freezers about once a year.
- Use only dishwasher detergent in suggested amounts.
- Run the dishwasher when you load the dishwasher properly. Always run at full load.
- Always Load fragile items on the top rack of the dishwasher.
- Be careful while loading your dishwasher to avoid damage the racks.
- The gasket in the dishwasher should be free from dirt, cracks as it will hinder the correct and efficient operation of the dishwasher.
- The washing machine should not be overloaded with clothes. Choose different levels for the size of the load.
- While washing small clothes like socks, hankies, use a mesh laundry bag to avoid blockages of drainage hose of your washing machine.
- Clean the washer regularly to wash the excess soap residue.
- Clean the dryer regularly also do not use flammable solvents to clean the dryer drum.
- Lint filter also needs to clean before each load.
- Avoid spill laundry products and stain removers on the exterior of washer and dryer.
- Keep your oven clean and wipe any up spills immediately.
- Use recommended utensils for heating and cooking in microwave.
- Do not use steel or metal utensils inside the microwave.
- Clean the inside of the door and cavity before and after use.